Friday, June 3, 2016

Hoping to "Beat" the Odds

Hmmm, it has been awhile since I have been playing my drums. Alas, the result of this winter really aggravating my arthritis. When I see some of the maladies some other people have, I don't really have much cause to complain too much. Hoping these warmer days of summer will ease the aches of my joints that are rapidly losing cartilage. Nope, I am definitely not growing old gracefully. However, I am thankful that I'm still around to grow old at any rate. In the next day or so I'm going to blow the dust off my drum set and do some good old "jammin' on the drums" which will include solos and accompanying some good old 1960s rock played on a modern CD player. Seems paradoxical that the same music I listened to and played drums to in the 1960s in High School is still being played on the radio over 50 years later. I think that shows the high quality of our music then and has stood the test of time. I won't be playing my drums as animated or fast as I did in the 1960s, but I can still maintain a perfect beat according to one musician who heard me play. I told him keeping a beat is something I believe is inborn, either you have it or you don't and can't learn it. Well, for what it is worth, that is my theory at any rate. Chew on that while...
~MIKE~

No comments: